Here you can find answers to questions you have about:
- the Scheme.
- the Claim Form.
- Supporting Evidence Form, or any other Scheme forms.
- submitting any Scheme forms.
If your questions are not answered by information provided here, you can Contact Us.
Information on how to submit a Claim, including how to download and print a Claim Form is provided here.
Information on how to submit an additional documents, including the Supporting Evidence Form.
Information on how to submit an appeal of a rejected or denied claim.
The Covid-19 Vaccine Facility No-Fault Compensation Scheme, established to provide fair compensation to eligible vaccine recipients who suffer a Serious Adverse Event related to a COVID-19 vaccination that has been either:
- procured and/or delivered by UNICEF on a Participating Country’s behalf;
- donated to a Participating Country through UNICEF; or
- formally included into the Scheme (but otherwise procured and/or delivered but not by or through UNICEF),
as detailed in the Scheme Protocol and its Schedules.
A written claim for compensation completed by a Claimant, using the Claim Form approved by and provided by the Administrator, as set forth in Schedule 2 of the Scheme’s Protocol, which must be accompanied by all Supporting Evidence.
The supporting evidence, using the form in Schedule 3 of the Scheme’s Protocol, required to evaluate a Claim and that shall include:
- detailed medical documentation from a Registered Healthcare Professional describing the Injury and medical treatment required as a result of the Injury, together with details of any Hospitalisation or prolonged Hospitalisation, including but not limited to admission and discharge records;
- a description of the nature, extent, functional impact and prognosis of the Injury, as assessed by the Registered Healthcare Professional.
- a statement from the Registered Healthcare Professional that the Injury was, in the Registered Healthcare Professional’s opinion, the result of the Vaccine or its administration;
- certification from a Registered Healthcare Professional of when, where and which Vaccine was administered;
- in the case of death, a death certificate and any other documentation available from a Registered Healthcare Professional of the cause and manner of death; and
- any further evidence that the Administrator may deem necessary to adjudicate the Claim and/or Receivable Claim, as applicable, guided, as appropriate, by the Scientific Advisory Committee, the Review Panel, and/or the Appeals Panel.